As the OSS Fabrication Manager, you will be part of the Offshore Substations team. You will be based at the Contractor’s site in Vietnam and report directly to the OSS Site Manager.
About The Role
This role requires excellent collaboration skills and flexibility to work across a range of subjects. You will provide leadership, direction and support in the fabrication of offshore substations.
In this capacity, you shall take on a broad package of tasks, including but not limited to the following:
- Accountable for execution of fabrication scope of topside and jackets in accordance with the contract, timeline, cost and quality project objectives.
- Liaise with internal colleagues such as OSS Structural Engineering Manager, Planner, QA/QS, HSE, OSS Installation & Commissioning Manager to ensure a successful delivery of the offshore substations.
- Establish and maintain good working relations with the Contractor and liaise with the contractor organization on multiple levels to monitor and provide guidance in the execution of the works.
- Day-to-day management of a team of supervisors.
- Effective regular and ad-hoc reporting to the project leadership team.
- Proactive ownership of QA/QC and HSE topics in relation to the OSS fabrication.
- Identification and reporting of risks and development of mitigation measures as part of the overall risk management process.
- BSc or MSc in Structural Engineering or Electrical Engineering.
- 10+ years of broad international experience with construction and commissioning of topsides and jackets for large complex offshore wind or oil & gas projects.
- Broad experience with all disciplines involved in delivery of offshore topsides and jackets incl. structural, electrical, mechanical, SCADA systems etc.
- Direct work experience as Fabrication Manager for at least one offshore wind or large scale oil & gas project comprising both topsides and jackets from start of construction throughout equipment installation and commissioning to load out.
- Proven leadership .
- A team player with ability and motivation to work in a diverse environment with people of different cultural backgrounds.
- Excellent communication skills in English, both written and spoken.
- Willingness to relocate full-time to Vietnam.
- Work experience in APAC is a plus.
Senior Business Development Managerrowan@adaptedenergy.co.uk